- 3 New-age Courses 2-months each
- 2 Academic Credits Per Course from IISc
- 100% LIVE Interactive Weekend Only Classes
- ₹5000* Per Course
What is the Science Certification Programme (SCP)?
SCP is a comprehensive programme designed by IISc for undergrad students who aspire to enhance their knowledge in diverse areas of science without affecting their regular studies. SCP provides an opportunity for such students to realise their dream of experiencing world-class IISc education.
IISc is offering 3 new-age courses
Explore any of these three cutting-edge courses offered
in the field of biotechnology and feel free to select more than one
to broaden your knowledge.
- Transgenic Technology
Transgenic technology involves inserting foreign genes into an organism's DNA for specified qualities.
- Spectroscopic Analysis of Protein Structures & Functions
Studying the structure and function of proteins by measuring the interaction of light with the protein.
- Signalling, Synthetic Biology, & Applications
The study of how cells communicate with one another and how this might be utilised to create new biological systems with specific features.
What is unique about SCP?
- Unique Opportunity
for Students One-of-its-kind programme that opens the gateway to experience IISc's premier education.
Courses Flexibility to pursue specialisations typically reserved for advanced learners.
Certification A prestigious certification that carries immense weight in the scientific community and academia.
Programme You will be awarded 2 credits for each successfully completed course, enhancing your academic profile.
Faculty Attend LIVE Interactive Sessions taught by an IISc Faculty Group, who are leading experts in their respective fields.
Education Immerse yourself in IISc’s enriching learning environment that exposes you to groundbreaking research.
What will I learn?
Module 1 Techniques used in Transgenic Technology
- Cre/lox and Flp/FRT System for Inducible Transgenics
- Genome Editing Approaches such as TAL Effector Nucleases and Cas9/CRISPR
- Chemically Inducible Transgene Expression Systems
- Design and Optimizing Constructs for Transgenic Expression
Module 2 Applications
- Generation of the Stable Transgenic and Mutant Nematode Worm Caenorhabditis Elegans
- Generation of Transgenic and Knockout Plants
- Generation of Knock-out and Transgenic Mice
- Use of Transgenic Technology in the Modeling of Human Diseases, including Cardiovascular Diseases, Diabetes, Obesity, Cancer, Atherosclerosis, Neurodegenerative Diseases, Muscle Degeneration, and Aging
Module 1 Fundamentals of Protein Structures
- Introduction to Protein Structures from Primary to Quaternary Structures
- Basics of Protein Functions and Other Classifications
- General Protein Chemistry
Module 2 UV/VIS Spectroscopy
- Basics Principles of UV/VIS Spectroscopy
- Applications of UV/VIS to Characterize Proteins Structures and Functions
Module 3 Fluorescence Spectroscopy
- Fundamentals of Fluorescence Spectroscopy
- Fundamentals of FRET and Fluorescence Anisotropy
- Application of Fluorescence, FRET, and Fluorescence Anisotropy to Study Protein Structure and Functions
Module 4 CD Spectroscopy
- Fundamentals principles of CD spectroscopy
- Application of CD spectroscopy to study protein structure and functions
Module 5 NMR Spectroscopy
- Basic fundamentals of NMR spectroscopy
- Making protein samples for NMR spectroscopy
- Basics of protein NMR spectroscopy
- NMR studies of protein structures and functions
Module 1 Synthetic Biology
- Design Principles, Processes and Strategies, and Examples of Synthetic Biology
Module 2 Cell Signalling
- Principles of Signalling, Pathway Analysis, and Methods of Studying Signaling
- Signal Transduction in Bacterial Systems and in Higher Mammalian Systems; Mammalian Signal Transduction Mechanisms in GPCRs Signaling, MAP Kinases, Protein Kinases, Second Messenger Generating Systems
- Glycobiology of Signalling, regulation of Signalling by Proteoglycans, the impact of N- and O-linked Glycosylations on Receptor-ligand Interactions; Protein Scaffolding and Cellular Context
- Studying Signal Transduction Events in Living Systems using Modern Microscopic Techniques and how Spatiotemporal Dynamics of Signaling Pathways Regulate Cellular Physiology and Pathology
Who will I learn from?
Programme Director Course 2
Prof. Mahavir Singh
Associate Professor, Molecular
Biophysics Unit (MBU), IISc
Co-coordinator for Undergraduate
Biology Programme, IISc
Co-convenor, Institute NMR Facility, IISc
of SinghM Lab, at MBU, IISc
Interest: Molecular Biophysics, Biomolecular NMR Spectroscopy, Structural Biology, protein-RNA interaction
Programme Director Course 3
Prof. Deepak Kumar Saini
Professor, Dept. of Developmental
Biology & Genetics, IISc
Associate Faculty, Center for BioSystem
Science & Engineering & Center for
Infectious Diseases Research, IISc
Coordinator - MSc Life Sciences program, IISc
Principal Investigator, SAInI's Lab, IISc
Interest: Signaling in Aging, Inflammation & Infection, Two-component Signaling Systems in Mycobacterium Tuberculosis
Programme Director Course 3
Prof. Ramray Bhat
Associate Professor, Dept. of
Developmental Biology & Genetics, IISc
Associate Faculty, Center for
BioSystem Science & Engineering
Coordinator for Undergraduate
Biology Programme, IISc
EMBO Global Investigator Fellow
Interest: Cell Physiology, Histology, Pathology
How will I learn?
For each course
- 8 Weeks (32 Hours) of Impactful Learning
- Sessions conducted for 2 hours each on Saturday and Sunday.
4 hours of learning every weekend.
- Immersive Learning accompanied by LIVE Interactive Sessions,
Access to Recorded Content, Quizzes, and course-level Exams
- Delivered on Talentsprint’s online learning platform, iPearl that
enables LIVE Interactive Learning, Assignments, Group
Projects, etc., with just one single sign-on.
What can I expect?
Apart from certification from the India’s #1 University and Research Institute, you can benefit from SCP in the following ways
- Enhance your academic skills with the support of IISc
- Discover the potential opportunities in new-age biology domains
- Acquire practical skills relevant to scientific research
- Benefit from the expertise of IISc’s esteemed faculty
- Interact and collaborate with fellow students from across India
You are eligible if the following statements describe you
- I have completed my class XII with a minimum score of 50%
- I am pursuing UG/ PG /Diploma or equivalent in Science related streams
Preference will be given to students who have taken a subject on Molecular Biology/Life Sciences.
Your selection will be based on your CGPA score in the last exam.
What is the enrollment process?
- Basic Details
- Pay the Course Fee
Note: The selection will be based on CGPA in the last exam.
What will it cost me?
Fee: ₹5,000* / course
Be among the chosen ones to be benefited from such a
unique learning opportunity offered by the prestigious IISc.
Note: The fee paid is non-refundable and non-transferable
Enroll for the Course
Learn from the gold standard in scientific research and education
IISc (Indian Institute of Science) is the oldest and the finest higher education institute of its kind in India. It pursues excellence in research and education in several fields of Science and Engineering and is one of the first three publicly funded institutes to be awarded the Institute of Eminence status. The alumni of IISc hold significant academic and industry positions around the globe.
The Science Certification Programme will be offered by IISc's Centre for Continuing Education (CCE). CCE delivers courses suitably designed to meet the requirements of various target groups, eg: research & development (R&D) laboratories and industries, research scientists, and engineers, to enable them to grow into competent managers of technology-intensive and data-driven organizations. For more information, cce.iisc.ac.in
- India's #1 University (2016, 2020, 2022, 2023) & Research Institute (2022, 2023)*
- #1 Times Higher Education University
in India (2020)
- 2 Bharat Ratna Awardees (1954, 2014)
- RUR #62 World Ranking (2020)
Scripting transforming stories since 2010
Established in 2010, TalentSprint (a part of the NSE group) is a global EdTech company offering cutting-edge, deeptech, management programs for early career and experienced professionals, with top institutions/organizations. It creates a highly-skilled niche talent pool to meet new-age industry demands. The company’s digital learning platform ipearl.ai offers a hybrid onsite/online experience to seekers of deep technology expertise. TalentSprint is a leading Innovation Partner for the National Skill Development Corporation, an arm of the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Government of India. It is also a recipient of various prestigious accolades. Some of the recent ones are:
- 10 Years of Excellence
- 200K Empowered Professionals
- 95% Completion Rate
- 85 Net Promoter Score