1Rapidly Growing Industry
High Growth Career and Premium Packages
- 30% Growth YoY rise in the average salary of software architects
- 40% above Industry Avg. Highest paid role in India for the past two years
- 100K+ Openings With leading companies Globally
Application Review on 31st Jan
Last 10 Seats Left
2Learn from Pioneers
From the Founders & Leaders of Software Architecture
One of the founders of the field of software architecture.
- Associate Dean for Master’s Programs, SCS - CMU
- Member of the Institute for Software Research at SCS.
- Author of best-selling books on Software Architecture
- Leading researcher on Self-Adaptive Systems, Formal Methods, and Cyber-Physical Systems
Google Scholar, 10,000+ Citations
- Principal Systems Scientist, Dept. of Software & Societal Systems, SCS-CMU
- Part of ABLE Group, CMU that researches on Architecture, Quality and Resilience
- Authored papers, book chapters, tech reports on self-adaptive systems
- Leading researcher on Software Architecture and Self-Adaptive Systems
Live Interactive Classes + Hands-on Application
CMU, #1 CS School1 Certificate
#1 World's CS School1
20 Nobel Laureates
13 Turing Awards
CMMI, developed at SEI, CMU.
Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) is a process level improvement training and appraisal
SEI: Software Engineering Institute
Mellon University CMU, a private, global research university, is one of the world's most
renowned educational institutions. With its cutting-edge education, a stellar alumni network of
Nobel, Emmy, Tony, and Turing prize winners, innovative startups, and home to groundbreaking
innovations, CMU has mastered creating a future as imagined
School of Computer Science at CMU SCS is recognized worldwide for its computer science programs. It is home to researchers who have made developments in the fields of algorithms, computer networks, distributed systems, computational biology, robotics, language technologies, human–computer interaction and software engineering. To learn more, visit SCS website
Software Architecture Course Overview
The Software Architecture course, offered by Carnegie Mellon's School of Computer Science, is crafted for professionals aspiring to become in-demand Software Architects. This program equips participants with essential skills and knowledge to excel in the field of software architecture, with a focus on global best practices.
Throughout the course, participants will immerse themselves in software architecture principles, design patterns, and industry best practices. The opportunity to network with distinguished faculty members and peers from around the globe provides a unique platform for valuable connections and knowledge exchange. Upon successful completion of the program, participants will earn the prestigious SCS - Carnegie Mellon University Certification, a globally recognized validation of their expertise.
This program is ideal for individuals looking to transition into a rewarding career as a Software Architect, as well as software developers seeking rapid career advancement. It is also well-suited for product managers with a software engineering background and professionals with experience in system design, development operations, or DevOps. Eligible candidates should possess a minimum of 3 years of software development experience and familiarity with object-oriented programming languages. Take the next step in your career journey and emerge as a highly sought-after Software Architect with the Advanced Certificate Program in Software Architecture
Software Architecture Course Curriculum
The state-of-the-art curriculum, designed by world-renowned experts, is delivered through LIVE interactive sessions.
Object Oriented Programming in Java
Object, Class, Message, Inheritance, Abstraction, Encapsulation and Polymorphism; Syntax and Semantics, Variables and Datatypes, Loops and Conditional Statements, Arrays and Strings
Hypervisor concept, Virtual machines, Containers, Container fundamentals, Container orchestration
Software Requirements Engineering
Introduction, Requirements process, Elicitation and Analysis
Software Engineering Process
Software Engineering process, Lifecycles, Introduction to Software Process Assessment and Improvement Models
Overview & Requirements
What is Software Architecture? Basic Architecture Concepts, Practice: Thinking like an Architect, Architecture Drivers and Quality Attributes Practice: Drivers and QA Exercise
Assignment: Identifying Quality Requirements
Dataflow & Events, Call/Return, Repository, Practice: Architecture Styles, Platforms, Frameworks, Product Lines and Ecosystems, Tactics 1, Tactics 2, Practice: Tactics, Case Study: Service-based systems
Assignment: Specifying Quality Requirements
Techniques and Practices
Principles of Architecture Documentation, Modeling and Analysis, Practice: Architecture Documentation, Architecture Evaluation
Assignment: Architecture Design
Architecture in Practice and Future Directions
Architecture Agile Processes & ADRs, Architecture and Emerging Domains, Trends and Research/Wrap-up
Assignment: Architecture Realization
Build expertise in global software architecture practices
Network with distinguished faculty and global peers
Get prestigious SCS - Carnegie Mellon University Certification
Access career opportunities with TalentSprint
TalentSprint Career Accelerator Program
Enables participants realize their career aspirations
- Resume Building
- LinkedIn Profile Makeover
Network with Peers
- Knowledge Exchange Sessions with Business or Tech leaders
- Lifetime Membership to TalentSprint Alumni Network
Access to Career
- 6 months Premium Membership of IIMJobs or Hirist
- Job Alerts through TalentSprint Alumni Network
*Terms & Conditions apply
Find out why participants want to join this programme
- "I am passionate about creating innovative solutions to complex business problems and believe that a strong foundation in software architecture is crucial to this goal. That's why I am applying for this program." Technical Account Manager, Software and Technology
- "I am passionate about the background operational aspects of applications. I would like to know the working principles of software architecture and take this learning forward as a software architect in the future." Associate, Banking and Financial Services
- "Through this program, I would like to learn industry standard technologies which we may not be using in our company, a formal certification of my skills, and gain knowledge from a reputable university and professors." Associate Manager, Telecommunications
- "Our subscription business is entering a phase of rapid expansion by transitioning to a B2C model. I want to build capabilities to support this cause by scaling our current architecture and by establishing quality, and collaboration across product and engineering groups." Associate Principal Engineer, Design and Production
- "I am currently working as a software professional where I see the importance of architectural knowledge. So looking to enhance my knowledge and skills, which can apply to my current role." SMTS, Cloud Computing and Virtualization Technology
- "I want to learn much more about software architecture, designing complex architectures, and making the right decision as an enterprise architect for my firm. I have gone through the program details and am sure that it will help me to grow in my career." Senior Technical Leader, Life Insurance
- "In my current role, I have the scope to be involved in architecting complex software systems at a bigger scale, and hence I want to equip myself with the right knowledge. I am impressed by the program's faculty and curriculum. I don't want to miss an opportunity to learn from the pioneers." Senior Software Engineer, Media and Communication
- "I'm keen to learn how large systems get designed and how software architectural patterns work. Hence, I think this program will help me to upskill myself in software architectural design, and it will lead me towards a career path of a software architect." Software Development Engineer, Software and Technology
- "I want to gain expertise in solution designing and gradually upgrade myself towards enterprise architecture. I strongly feel that this program would help me to enhance my software architecture skills and help me to take up any design tasks in the future confidently." Development Manager, Software and Technology
- "I have been directing digital transformation for over a decade. I think getting into this program will help me get to the next level in this journey." Director, Accounting Solutions
- "I am thinking of being a Software Architect. I do understand system design. So, I need guidance to accomplish my dream of being a successful software architect." Technical Architect, IT Services and IT Consulting
- "From this program, I am looking to gain expertise in software architecture to deepen my skills and advance further in my career." Vice President, Investment Banking
- B.E/B.Tech/M.E/M.Tech or equivalent degree, preferably in Computer Science/Information Technology or other related domain
- A minimum of 3 years of software development experience
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming languages
Frequently Asked Questions
Software architects have remained among the most sought-after in the tech industry (TeamLease Digital Oct 2022). Moreover, they have overpowered roles like cloud architects and product managers and remain among the industry's most lucratively paid job roles.
Software architects are responsible for creating a solid foundation for the software project, making the platform scalable, and boosting its performance. Software developers or software engineers who prefer to scale their careers with a technical focus instead of management can explore software architecture.
As the discipline of software architecture is expanding, so is the demand for the role. In India, software architects can easily command upto ₹47 lakh, based on the experience and organizations they are working for and a 30% jump over the previous year.
The Advanced Certificate Program in Software Architecture by Carnegie Mellon’s School of Computer Science aims to prepare aspirants for this role. The program is exclusively for tech professionals looking forward to accelerating their careers beyond development and programming.
- Learn from Experts : Benefit from mentorship by the frontrunners of software architecture evolution- David Garlan and Bradley Schmerl, the distinguished faculty of CMU.
- High Impact Format: Leverage a transformative pedagogy supported by live interactive classes + hands-on application
- Certificate from CMU: Get certified by the world leader in computing research and education, School of Computer Science, CMU.
- Build expertise in global software architecture practices
- Understand the technical, organizational, and business role of a software architect
- Leverage better growth opportunities as a software architect
- Access career opportunities with TalentSprint
- You will earn a globally recognized certification from CMU
- You can access TalentSprint Career Accelerator to boost your career acceleration efforts.
- Network with distinguished faculty and global peers.
The program welcomes all tech professionals, but it is ideal for
- Professionals aspiring to transition into Software Architect as a career
- Software Developers looking forward to career acceleration
- Product Managers with a software engineering background
- Professionals who have worked on System Design, Development Operations, or DevOps
The program will be taught by the esteemed CMU Faculty, counted among the founders of the field of software architecture, and recognized for developing it as a discipline in software engineering. To meet your future mentors, visit here.